Thursday, January 22, 2009

WE GOT A REFERRAL!

Ok...so no photos as of yet, but we are going to become parents to a little girl!

As I was sitting at work today, keeping track of all the postings on the various websites that I follow...I kept thinking, "I wonder if we'll receive a referral in this batch?" My co-worker urged me to just call our agency and ask. (I didn't want them to think that I was an annoyance...). Anyways, just as our coordinator was about to call us, I called her, and she gave us the good news!

Name: Ling Cha Yin (sp?)
Birth date: 2/8/08
Province: Guangxi

(I actually did not get any of this info during the original call; I was so overwhelmed I forgot to ask her any questions, and I had to call back later in the day!)

Her health records and her biography will be translated and ready for us tomorrow, but I'm told that she's "very cute, chubby, and fair skinned" on the basis of her 3 photos. I'll take some time off work tomorrow to drive to SF and pick up her file.

Larissa is finally going to be a big sister!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting day for you! How fun that by this time tomorrow you'll have pictures of your baby girl!!

mum26grls said...

Congratulations!! I will be watching your blog with interest...my daughter was also a "Ling" baby. Is your daughter from Shangrao??
Nadine C.

Dee said...

Isn't this such a great feeling? Congratulations!

Lisa said...

Congrats!!!!! We adopted our daughter from the same prov. last year. What SWI is you daughter from? I'm sooooo excited for you.

Feel free to contact me as you'll probably be traveling the same time of year that we did.

Congrats