Friday, January 23, 2009

Referral file!

I took time off today to pick up Daisy's file. When I went to meet our contact person, it was actually somewhat humorous, because the file that was placed in front of me was of the WRONG CHILD. (I guess there's two families that received referrals in this batch, and the names of the children are very similar.)

So...once I was in possession of the correct file, I quickly perused her information. She seems PERFECT! Of course, we still have to have her medical records reviewed by a pediatrician well-versed in 'adoption medicine', but once we have sent in our LOA (Letter of Acceptance), then we wait for China to send a TA (Travel Approval). This could take several weeks, and with the start of Chinese New Year in a few days, the CCAA may not be operating at full speed. Looks like we may not travel until April or May.

Anyways, here's what translated information I have thus far:
Name: Ling Cha Yin
Date of birth: 2/8/08
From: Shangrao Children's Welfare Center, Jiangxi Province (I mistakenly heard Guangxi yesterday in my telephone call with our agency)

From her physical exam on 9/15/08 (7 months old)
Routine schedule: 4-5 meals/day; up at 6:30 am, naps 2 hours, bed at 8:00 pm
Deep sleeper
Eating: milk, rice powder, congee, egg soup, green vegetables, noodles, soup, etc.
Motor development: holds head up, rolls from back to stomach, sits up alone, crawls (remember...this was at 7 months. Since she's almost 1 year, she's probably close to walking now...)
Personality: active; fond of playing with toys; fond of playing games, having a ready smile; closest to caretaker; loves toys with music

Now...if only we could figure out how to use our scanner, then we can get her photos posted. SHE IS ADORABLE!

Larissa is already looking forward to being a big sis to 'Daisy'. She was holding a little booklet of paper tonight, and she was pretend-writing a note. I heard her saying, "Dear Daisy, I'm really excited to see you..." as she scribbled up and down on the paper. How cute is that?

3 comments:

Research-China.Org said...

Congratulations on your Jiangxi referral. When you are ready to get her newspaper finding ad (with a very young photo of her!), as well as a DVD of her orphanage, come visit us at www.research-china.org.

All the best!

Brian

Team Houston said...

Our daughter Simone is from the same Orphanage! How cool.

Congrats.

~Michele

NiNi said...

Hi. I saw your link on the China Adopt Talk site. I am a grandma of a baby girl adopted from Jiangxi province in Dec. 2007. Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter-to-be. I am very happy and excited for you and your family. I can see some similarities in the eyes of your baby and our Amaya. Amaya was adopted at 9 months old. If you want to read about our story, and what to expect in China, you are welcome to read my daughters blog at http://amaya2007.blogspot.com God's blessings to your family!