Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Shopping Trip

So I took a day off from work for my birthday on June 30th. Spent the day at the local mall with my mom and Larissa. We were looking for dresses for ME. I usually go to the mall every 1-2 weeks, but I always emerge with bags and bags of stuff for Larissa. (She looks good in everything...). But this time we were shopping for ME. We're going to a wedding in Oregon in a few weeks, and I need something 'fun'.

Shopping with a child is a wonderous experience. This was the first time I actually spent a few hours with Larissa (in her talking phase) at the mall. She NEVER stopped talking the entire 4.5 hours! She became my 'fashion consultant', finding the right sizes, constantly picking out clothes for me...running from one display to the next saying, "THIS one is very FASHIONABLE...", "THIS one would be PERFECT for Abby's wedding...". "THIS is a size ____!" (Thanks Larissa...I always wanted everyone at Nordstrom to know my size...). Not only was she helping me, but then when it was time to pick out clothes and items for grandma, she started yelling out the bra size everytime she eyed the proper size! (I'm sure Grandma Elise always wanted her bra size announced by a 4 year old in the middle of Macy's.)

The most hilarious part was when I was trying on the clothes in the dressing room. I was looking for something that would both 1. cover my knees, and 2. camouflage my tummy. At one point, when I put a dress on that showed too much 'lumpy-ness', Larissa blurted out: "...but mommy...your boobs and your tummy ARE lumpy!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is very interesting.. I don't know much what Blog is all about. But I sure do enjoy reading all your stories. Good luck with the adoption.. By the way, next time bribe Larrisa with beautiful dresses. Seem that she enjoys shopping with you a lot...
Parinya